Thursday, October 14, 2010

Procrastinating a Paper

Procrastination. I never thought I'd get so much done while trying to put off writing this paper. I vacuumed my house, went to the store, learned a new song, actually went to the gym, and read an article. Eh, I guess that's not really a ton, but it was more than I'd planned on doing today. Go figure.

This paper is going to drive me crazy I believe... Oh, wait.... I forgot, I kinda got to crazy 3 years ago. Success Academy. Tons of homework. No free time. Yep. Let's just say I am dreading writing it.

Actually, I don't mind writing the paper. It's the research and analyzing the information that I don't care to do. You try reading 4 articles discussing the effects of meditation on neural functioning; 'tis not enjoyable. So, instead of reading all the articles that I should read, I'm just going to write this. I'll read tomorrow, then I'll write my paper, then I can relax this weekend... maybe...

Most likely I'll keep putting this paper off until I absolutely must write it. Procrastination is a required skill for college students. I'm not just saying that - it really is true. No matter what college students do, they always must procrastinate some form of homework, reading, writing, social activity, etc. If I tried to do everything I wanted or needed to do when I wanted or needed to do it, I would never sleep. I'd always be overlapping tasks. Therefore, procrastination is essential to survival in college (and life). Enough said.

Have I ever said that my kitty is the most adorable, sweet, affectionate cat I've ever had? He is, and he is attached to me, and he likes to be carried around like a baby, and I love him - he's adorable and makes me happy. And, I'm terrible at staying on one subject the whole time. I'm also pretty terrible at ending these blogs.

Haha, let's not end just yet. I'm only beginning to procrastinate writing this paper. I'm going to take an idea from Dacy and post my pet peeves. Here it goes:
1. When someone doesn't close the door. I hate open doors, literally.
2. When items are not put in their proper place.
3. Disorganization - enough said.
4. When people don't shut up even though they have nothing intellectual to say anymore.
5. When someone calls me out on my mistakes in public; I know I make them, you don't need to let the rest of the world know as well.
6. When anyone says they'll be "right back" and then take forever to get back. Or when they say they'll do something and it never gets done.
7. When people make drama out of nothing.
These all make me rather upset.
That's all I can think of right now...

Random fact: I'm scared of opening those canned biscuit things. You know, the pillsbury or grands ones that you stick in your fridge. I get very anxious when I have to make them, and almost always jump if they pop open on me. It's ridiculous, I know, yet it still makes my heart race.

So, I should stop procrastinating...




Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment