So, today's my birthday, and I wanted to share how I feel about being 18...
Well, to be honest, I don't really feel that much different. Yeah, I can vote now. I am considered an "adult." But does that change who I am? Not at all. I still feel the same way that I have in past weeks.
This might seem strange to some people, but growing up doesn't really scare me. In fact, I'm quite excited for whatever life might throw my way. I'm starting to realize what I want in life, my expectations, my likes and dislikes, and my real opinions. I think I'm finally starting to understand myself. Although I knew who I was a long time ago, I am growing so much, learning from my experiences (the good and the bad), and I know how to deal with difficult situations.
I just want to say what I did for my birthday. My parents got me tickets to go see Cats at Tuacahn. I was really excited, since I've never seen the musical before, and it exceeded my expectations. I laughed, cried, and felt like I really connected with the play. It has a great metaphorical meaning with which anyone can connect. Then today, I went to church, my grandparents wished me a happy birthday, and I got some presents. All in all, I have had a great 18th Birthday. Even though I'm now an adult, I don't quite feel the difference... I'm still the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment